Sunday, April 15, 2012

Non-accomplishments

A few weeks ago, I posted a list of my sewing projects and stated a goal of getting them done within two weeks.  Here's what actually happened:

  1. Lining the baby blanket for J&H  Didn't happen.  Decided not to line it, because I didn't have the patience to hand stitch the lining.  Ryan convinced me lining wasn't necessary.  Here's what the blanket looks like: Star Illusion Blanket
  2. A pillowcase for my toddler, so she stops stealing other people's pillows in the middle of the night. Done. Will do a post about it later.  Sadly, though, she won't sleep on it and still steals other people's pillows.
  3. Finishing the hem on the last two bedroom curtains.Didn't happen. My excuse is that I couldn't remember the measurements on the hems of the other curtains, and every time I remembered to check, I couldn't do so because the toddler was sleeping, and if there's one thing I know not to do, it's interrupt her nap.
  4. Fixing the unevenness of the living room curtains by adding an edging. Didn't happen. No excuses but laziness.
  5. Making beanbags. Done! Though I don't know why I decided the toddler needed 14 beanbags.
  6. Repairing some of Ryan's pants. Didn't happen. I blame Ryan.
  7. Finally making babylegs out of the pair of socks that has been sitting on the shelf next to the sewing machine for months. Didn't happen. Probably because the weather warmed up and she doesn't need babylegs. Or because one of the socks fell down behind the shelf and I didn't feel like moving everything to get it out.  
So not the most successful task list.  However, other projects are in process, and will likely be successfully completed.  I'll update about them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment